Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Change in Seasons


It is going on three years that I have had ample opportunity to benefit from the green thumb of my neighbor.  She drags out her pots, soil, and seeds.  And with every passing day, slowly but surely something beautiful and wonderful appears.  This has been a pretty good year.




 Part of the reason, this has been a good year is because I had my niece, Trayse, spend her senior year with me.  It was possibly the best of times for me.  Having her with me gave such meaning and depth into my life.  With her, I had a niece, a friend, and a companion.  I loved having her with me.  I learned a lot about myself, and I learned even more about how much I love her.  When she was a baby, she didn't like me very much.  If I tried to hold her or sit next to her, she would cry, and cry, and then cry even harder.  It got to the point where I couldn't even look at her or even be around her or else she would burst out crying.  Complex, anyone?


But since those humbling beginnings, Trayse has become such a light in my life.  I love her mind, and her humor, her faith, and her love of her family. She is such an inspiration to me.  From her I have learned to express my love to others, and to feel comfortable having love expressed to me.  She is such a blessing in my life.  I'm so glad that we had those moments together.





No comments: