Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Was It Just a Dream?

**I had a conversation with dad today. I asked him if he wanted to go home to Hawaii. Dad said if I had asked him that question before he died, he would have said yes. But he's gone now and his priorities are not relevant to the world that I or the rest of the family live in. Where his body lies is just fine here in California as it would be if it were in Hawaii.

I told dad that mom won't go to Hawaii if he's here in California. He shrugged his shoulders and gestured with his arms and hands outstretched and said, "Well, whatever your mom wants."

So, I guess the three of us are staying here in California.**

2 comments:

Ipo said...

Isn't that amazing? When my grandmother died in Carson, my grandfather decided that he would not leave California. No matter how much the rest of the family tried to convince him otherwise, he would not leave the resting place of his sweetheart. Of course, he was true to his word and is buried next to my grandmother now. He stayed more than 20 years, close by, to his love. I wonder if I would do the same...

And I'm thinking that it wasn't just a dream...the conversation with your father.

Calidore said...

Funny how that happens sometimes, huh?