Sunday, November 16, 2008

And I Quote...

"Write about daily life as you would write history." Gustave Flaubert

"Those who have the full love of Christ, inspire others to do what is right -- not force them." Howard W. Hunter

"Genius is recognizing the uniqueness in the unimpressive." Anonymous

"He drew forth a phrase from his treasure and spoke it softly to himself -- a day of dappled seaborne clouds." A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man, main character Stephen Dedalus. James Joyce

"There are only two ways to live. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." Albert Einstein

"Compared with what we ought to be, we are only half awake. We are making use of only a small part of our possible mental and physical resources. The human individual . . . possesses powers of various sorts he habitually fails to use." William James

1 comment:

Ipo said...

I love these comments. I am quite rusty with quotes right now. In fact the only quotes that repeat in my mind are of Jane Austen's and Charlotte Bronte's works since I have been reading them lately. I need to pull out some of the good ol' books from college and start filling up my quote bucket again. I really like the one by James...insightful and with the knowledge that we have of the gospel, isn't it just amazing? It testifies that the Spirit reveals truths to many, not just members of the church. Thanks again for sharing all these wonderful things. You are awakening the sleeping lover of literature giant in me....please don't stop!!