Friday, November 28, 2008

Did you know or do you care....

In old England, hanging day was Friday, and the hangman's pay per job was 13 pence. That combination, however unreasonable, added another eerie aspect to superstitions about Friday the 13th.

Another one? Okay...

It was the early day Mormons around Salt Lake City who became most widely known for their "dog coats." The less affluent of them shaved their dogs and wove the cuttings into course cloth.

Just one more...

You know what started the huge popularity for T-shirts? World War II. All armed services required GI's to wear GI underwear.

And now you know...

3 comments:

Ipo said...

You're just a well of interesting, yet useless facts, aren't you? But I do enjoy it, so don't stop!! I find the one about the "dog-coats" particularly mormonish...I mean, those pioneers could make use of anything and everything to survive. And no dog was killed to make these coats...amazing. I need to be more resourceful.

Calidore said...

Endless is my knowledge of the absurd and pointless...is my gift!
;)

twelvekindsofcrazy said...

Ummm, I sort of love the "and now you knows." Sort of, like, a lot.
:)